Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weight Loss

It's time to get back on the bandwagon.  Although I have known for many months that I need to do something.  I have only been making halfhearted efforts (or in many cases, no effort at all).  When I stepped on the scale today and saw that I am only 7 lbs under my all time high, it shocked me into reality.  I refuse to let myself gain any more.

The Nutrimeal shakes are a great breakfast replacement for me so I am going to continue with them.  I ran out of my original supply but have acquired more and started back today with using them.  I think I'm ready to make more of an effort than just that.

Now to decide.  My Fitness Pal or Weight Watchers?  I've done both and was far more successful with WW but I like the idea of free with MFP.

Either way, I figure if I put it out there publicly, I am more likely to stick to it.

Ok, it's out there.  I started today and did well but tomorrow is my birthday.  I already know where we are going for dinner and what I am going to have so I will have to behave myself for lunch and snacks and I will need to get a run in somehow to make up for birthday cake.

I'm not setting lofty goals.  In fact, my initial short-term goal is simple.  Be down 4 pounds before we leave on our cruise on June 3rd.  It's not a lot but mentally, it brings me to a new number in the 10's column which will motivate me to keep going.

Well, I typed it, now I have to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment