Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Monday, April 1, 2013

Vietnam

I'm heading to Vietnam.

Oh my, what have I gotten myself in to?

Last week, I was approached by one of our pastors at church.  He asked me if I would be interested in traveling to Vietnam at the end of June.

Why?  What for? 

This past year, our church and some of the missionaries we support, partnered with Awana International, to plant the first ever Awana Clubs in Vietnam.  This trip is a follow up to visit those clubs to see how they are doing.

Why me?

Seriously.  Why me?  Well, for one, I am a huge fan of Awana.  I attended an Awana Club from 3rd grade through 6th grade and I cannot even begin to explain how it impacted my life.  I've been a volunteer in Awana for about 20 years.  The goal is to continue on and potentially plant Awana Clubs in other SE Asian countries.  How exciting to be asked to be involved in that!

This is just the beginning, I can't wait to see where this road leads...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment