Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

He's Growing Up

Amidst the sorrow, questions and aftermath of the tragedy at the Boston Marathon, we received some good news today.

Bradley was accepted to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago!

It just hit me square in the face.  My baby has grown up.

It is such a bittersweet feeling.  On one hand, I am so proud of him.  He is such an incredible kid and we are so proud of the man he is becoming.  I really think if every parent had a teenager as awesome as he is, they wouldn't dread the teen years even a little bit.  We are so blessed.


The downside?  He's grown up.  In less than a month, he will turn 18.  In just over a month, he will graduate from high school.  In 4 months, we will be dropping him off at college.  Where have the years gone?

He has wanted to go to Moody for years.  It's the only college he applied to.  He had a Plan B and even a Plan C but he really wasn't all that interested in those.  Today one of his dreams came true.

I couldn't be happier for him.  I'll just miss him.

I miss these years



I'm not sure you can read the caption well but this is Bradley working the lighting board at church.  

I can't wait to see where life takes him.  Love you Bradley!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats to B! That's awesome news. And (hugs) for you - a proud mama whose first baby's getting ready to leave the nest!

    ReplyDelete