Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

130 Days

Today marks 130 days of either walking or running at least a mile.

Back in December, my friend Jenny (run-halfway) started a mile-a-day challenge.  The goal was to go all 31 days in December with walking or running a minimum of a mile each day.  I was hesitant to join in, knowing that it was such a busy month and I just didn't know if I could actually fit it in EVERY day. 

I finally decided to commit and join in.  I finished December strong and joined in on the January challenge she posted.  I finished the January challenge and by that time, I think I had created a habit because I just kept going, even without any challenges.

130 days later, I can't seem to let myself stop.  Some days have been easy.  I've run 2 marathons, a half marathon, and at least two 20 mile training runs, not to mention all of my regular 2-3 mile runs.  Other days have been tough.  One day last week, I barely squeaked in my mile, finishing it at something like 11:50pm.  I would say that the vast majority of the days have been walking at a slowish pace so as not to require another shower when I was done.

As much as I like this new habit, I feel like it may be time to change it up.  I'm thinking I should allow myself to use the equivalent amount of time it would take to walk a mile to lift weights or cross train in some way. 

Problem is that I'm afraid I won't really do it.  I'm afraid if I allow myself to stop walking/running each day, I'll sit on the couch and ignore the cross training.

I'm open to suggestions as to how to ensure this doesn't happen.  Maybe one of these days, I will actually make the change. 



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're on 130! You're so awesome. I love the idea of committing that time to something else like cross training or strength training.

    ReplyDelete