Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Time to Train

I finally sat down with my calendar last week and built a training plan for the Donna Breast Cancer Half Marathon.  I'm pretty sure that's not the "official" title but 26.2 With Donna (to me) indicates that I am running the marathon, which I am NOT, so I 're-named' the race for my purposes here.

I'm excited to travel down to Jacksonville, Fl. in Feb 2014 with Mark to run this race.  I ran the full marathon last year and loved it.  In fact, I started this blog shortly after that race and my recap of the 5k and recap of the marathon were a couple of my first posts.

If training goes according to plan, I will train to 14 miles and try to PR the half.  If things don't go as I would like, I will try to train to 10 miles and just run to enjoy the race.  I have no idea which will happen.  The half has a 7 hour time limit so I know I can walk it and finish.

My first scheduled run is 4 miles this Friday.  believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to training for distance again.  Taking this year off of running distance was not my intention after I finished Donna but I did take the time off and I think mentally it was just what I needed.  I'm excited to get back into it and I am not feeling burned out anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment