Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, October 18, 2013

Figuring Out Fueling

I'm still chugging away with the low-carb thing.  The scale is hardly moving but I feel so much better that I've stuck with it.

The only problem I have with the way I've been eating is running.  I get lightheaded and dizzy when I run carb-depleated.  I thought a banana before I run might be the answer until my runs start to get long enough to use my favorite long run & race fuel, Generation UCAN.

While I was at the Chicago Marathon Expo, I stopped by the GenUCan booth and talked to one of the reps a bit.  He was excited that I already use their product.  The rep reminded me that GenUCan is a great compliment to a low carb lifestyle and he was giving me examples of lots of their reps who had experienced significant weight loss by using it in conjunction with low carb eating.  The sustained energy you get from the product allows you to get in those tough workouts without experiencing the blood-sugar highs and lows that come from other carbohydrate energy sources.  That is the piece that has been missing for me so I decided to give it a go.

I had 5 miles on my training schedule today so this morning, I had about 1/2 serving of a GenUCan shake.  I ran that 5 miles so much more easily than I ran last week's 4 miles.  Coincidence?  Possibly.

I was already a fan of Generation UCAN but I may just become a bigger fan if it really does what they say it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment