Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Learner's Permit

Matthew got his learner's permit today!

Tuesday was attempt number 1 and it did not end well.  I ran home from work, grabbed the form he needed and his birth certificate and ran to the high school to pick him up.  It was raining (it had been snowing earlier in the day) and traffic was horrible.  It took 50 minutes to get from my office to the high school and then another 45 minutes to get from the high school back to the DMV.  We arrived and the lines were quite long.  I should have thought about the fact that Tuesday's are busier because the DMV is closed on Sun/Mon but it hadn't occurred to me.  We were time crunched as I had to have Matthew back at the school for a band concert in a rather short amount of time.  As we stood in line, I was looking over the permit form that he had filled out in Driver's Ed and I noticed that his SS# was not filled out.  My heart sunk as I realized that I didn't have it with me and we didn't have time to run home to get it.  After a futile attempt to have Caitlyn search for it as I gave her instructions over the phone, we gave up and headed home.  Needless to say, we were both disappointed.

Today we decided to make a second attempt at obtaining the permit so again, I picked him up after school and we headed back to the DMV.  This time, traffic and the weather were much better and the trip only took about 35 minutes.  We arrived, he took the test and he passed.  A new chapter in his life has begun.  I'm excited for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment