Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, October 25, 2013

Training, Dieting, Fueling & New Toys

I had 6 miles scheduled for today.  Brrrr, it was chilly out there this morning.  I'm not a fan of the cold but I sucked it up and went out there and got it done. 

I haven't abandoned the low carb thing yet though I'm not sure why.  The scale hasn't moved for over a week unless you count the 2 pounds it went up and the gradual decline back to where it was last week.  Have I mentioned I don't lose weight easily?

I did have a banana in addition to my GenUCan before my run.  I decided to play with my intervals today so I ran a 2:1 instead of my usual 1:1.  That was an awful idea.  My mile times were 25 seconds slower than last week's 5 miler.  My legs felt like lead and I was just sluggish. 

The last two days I have been tracking my food with My Fitness Pal.  I've decided to keep tracking with MFP and to reintroduce healthy carbs.  Something has to change.  The scale isn't moving and the long runs are only going to get longer and more difficult.

To encourage myself to continue tracking, I bought myself a new toy today.  I have quite a few friends who have one and the reviews are all positive so I jumped on the bandwagon. 

I bought a Fitbit Flex.  Instead of trying to explain it, I just took the description from the website.

This slim, stylish device is with you all the time. During the day, it tracks steps, distance, and calories burned. At night, it tracks your sleep quality and wakes you silently in the morning. Just check out the lights to see how you stack up against your personal goal. It’s the motivation you need to get out and be more active.


New toys are fun!  I've got it set up and ready to go, now I just need to get off the couch so it can record something!

No comments:

Post a Comment