Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, October 11, 2013

First Training Run

Well, I survived the first "official" training run for the Donna Half.  4 stinking miles.

I am horrified at the pathetic shape I am in. 

Overall, the run went smoothly.  Mentally, it took a bit to get myself in the right frame of mind but once I got out there, I remembered why I love running.  The weather was PERFECT this morning for running and I was genuinely excited to be out there training for something again. 

Physically, I have to build my endurance back up.  I know I can do it, I've done it plenty of times before so I'm not so worried about this aspect.  I am starting from scratch so there is a long way to go.

Fueling may be the thing I have to figure out.  I haven't given up on my low-carb kick yet.  I took 5 days off last week because my in-laws were here and it was my nieces wedding but I planned on doing that all along.  I hopped right back to it this week.  4 miles isn't long enough for me to feel like I need my Gen UCAN for fuel but I cannot run carb depleted either.  I get lightheaded too easily.  Next run I will make sure I have a banana or something before I head out. 

This morning I had a Usana breakfast shake before my run which I think did the trick alright as far as my energy went but it has a large amount of fiber which is never a good idea to have right before a run.  Lets consider this a learning moment and leave it at that.

Feels great to have a goal again and it feels great to have those endorphins flowing again.  I've missed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment