Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Thursday, March 28, 2013

V.I.B. - Very Inspiring Blogger

This kind of makes me giggle...I checked in on my blog yesterday morning to discover that my friend Jenny named me as one of her nominees for being a Very Inspiring Blogger.  Imagine my surprise since I have only been blogging for a few weeks!  Thanks Jenny!  Go check out Jenny's blog run-halfway.

The award has three simple rules:


  1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.  (see above)
  2. Share 7 things about yourself. (see below)
  3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know. (see below) 

 7 things about myself.  I'm not sure I can find 7 interesting things about myself but here goes...


  1. My job title is HR & Finance Manager but my background/schooling is in Travel & Tourism.  This cracks me up some times.  I keep reminding my boss that often times I have no idea what I'm doing.  
  2. I didn't begin running until I was over 40.  Yes, I'm a slow learner.  Probably why I'm lacking speed, I was middle aged when I learned how to do this running thing.
  3. I helped bust a drug dealer when I worked at the airport.  Too long of a story to post here but after identifying them as a profile passenger and calling the police, they were arrested.  2 years later, I got a call from the DEA who gave me a very nice reward for assisting.  That was the downpayment for our first house.
  4. I love to cook.  I'm no gourmet and will never be.  I love to cook comfort food.  Homemade roasts, soups, pot pies, stews, etc.  Part of why I struggle with my weight.  I cook what I like to eat.
  5. My favorite color is purple.  Yes, I'm stretching to find things about myself.
  6. I actually enjoy mowing the lawn.  Mostly because we have a tractor and riding around out in the sun is relaxing to me.  When the kids were younger, it was a welcome break to have Mark take care of them while I got outside and rode around in peace.  Shhhh, don't tell my kids that.
  7. I LOVE Disney!  Not new news but it is something about me.  My mom worked for the airlines throughout my life and we have family in both California and Florida so Disney has always been part of my life.  They took me to WDW the year it opened in Florida.  I had Mark down there within 6 months of when we got married and over the years, he has come to love it almost as much as me.  It's just a magical break from the real world and it's fun!


Nominations.  I agree with Jenny, 15 is a lot!  I have only recently entered the blogging world and many of the blogs I read have already been nominated by others.  I'm going to nominate blogs that I haven't seen nominated elsewhere.

  1. bringing the sunshine - My running friend Andi has such a great way with words.  Her blog is a mom blog about life with a double dose of special (needs).  I am an avid reader of her blog.
  2. waiting for our adopted princess - One of my long time friends Sally began a blog as they were going through the process of adopting their daughter from Russia.  Now she blogs about her family as they are growing up.
  3. Miss Megan Clara - I began following this blog because the story of little Megan touched my heart.  She was born with Osteogenesis Imperfecta and was not expected to survive.  She is an adorable little fighter though.
  4. The Blog of Dale Hummel - This is our senior pastor's blog.  He generally blogs when he is overseas training pastors in other countries.
  5. No Greater Joy Mom - I blogged about this not too long ago.  This family absolutely amazes me.  You can read what I said about them here.


Since I decided not to duplicate nominations, this is all I've got.  I hope you enjoy checking them out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jules! I didn't realize you have a blog! I'm looking forward to reading your posts! (Niffercoo from ROTE)

    ReplyDelete