Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, March 8, 2013

Let's Get Started

I'm not sure where to begin.  Maybe a little background info?

We'll start with Mark.  My hubby is my best friend.  After 21 years, he still makes me laugh and I still love spending time with him.  He's a hard worker but I even that out since I like to play.  We both love traveling to Disney and we both enjoy running.  I love that we are growing older together.

Next is our firstborn.  Bradley is 17 and is a senior in high school.  He is an amazing young man who God has gifted with many talents.  His desire is to go to Moody Bible Institute next year and eventually go into full time ministry overseas.  I don't doubt for a minute that God will do amazing things through Bradley's life.

Matthew is our classic middle child.  He is 14 years old and is a mini-Mark when it comes to personality and sense of humor.  He is such a loving affectionate kid and he's really bright also.  I love watching him grow and mature.  He's my cuddler.

Caitlyn is 10, is the baby and is the only girl.  Can you say spoiled?  Not by us as much as by her brothers though.  She is A LOT like her mom.  I'm so grateful that God saw fit to send her our way.

I work part time at our church as the HR & Finance Manager.  My degree is actually in Travel & Tourism so this job is a bit out of my comfort zone but I love it.  I get to work with some really fun and amazing people and I'm learning a lot!  I just celebrated my 3 year workaversary last week.  I'm still trying to figure out how to balance everything in my life.  Sometimes I do fairly well but more often, I fail.

I learned a few years back that I really enjoy running.  Actually, I call it wogging as it is more like a combination of walking and jogging.  To date, I have completed 9 half marathons, 4 full marathons and many races of shorter distances.  I am what you would refer to as a back-of-the-packer.  I'm extremely slow but I get it done and I usually cross the finish line with a smile on my face.

Lastly, but most importantly, I love Jesus.  I am grateful that I was raised in a Christian home and that I was introduced to Jesus at an early age.  My relationship with Jesus defines the rest of my life.  If you are offended by this, my blog may not be the place for you.

Stay tuned, let's see where this leads us...

No comments:

Post a Comment