Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Am I Really Not A People Person?

Mark and I were on a date the other night.  Conversation was all over the place as usual but somehow lead to him making the statement that he is more of a people person than I am.  He also said I am grumpy and short.

That's laughable.  Really?  I am such a social person.  Too social at times.  How on earth could he possibly think that he is more of a people person than I am?

There was quite a bit of laughter between us as we were both trying to make our points.  There's been quite a bit of laughter and teasing in the days following as we are still trying to point out evidence to support our "side". 

I've come to the conclusion that he may be right.  Sort of.  If you use his definition of people person vs. mine.

When I think of what a people person is, I think of someone who loves to be with people.  That's me.  Not sure I need to say more about it, it's pretty simple.

Mark was thinking differently about what a people person is.  He was thinking of someone who is empathetic and compassionate.

If you go by my definition, I am most certainly a people person.  If you go by his definition, I have to admit that he may be a little bit right.

He is a compassionate guy.  More than me in many situations.

I am not very tolerant of stupid behavior.  This would include making bad choices.  In other words, I am not so compassionate when the law of natural consequences rears its head.  I may have been known to gloat over the fact that there were consequences to some people's bad decisions.  Yeah, I'm not very proud of that.

And this is why I shouldn't have a blog.  Now everyone knows I'm a rotten person.

I think I need to stop here.  You really don't want to read about how grumpy and short I can be, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment