Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nutrimeal?

So my parents are big into Usana Vitamins & Supplements.  I will avoid describing how hard it is to have a conversation with them without them bringing it up in some way.  They are hooked. 

I can't argue with some of the success they have had since they started regularly taking them.  Especially my dad.  He has Type 2 Diabetes and one of the side effects is Psoriasis.  He had it bad.  His doctors had him on daily injections of different prescription medications, they prescribed creams and supplements.  Nothing worked.  He could not sit at my kitchen table or on my couch without leaving flakes of skin everywhere.  He had scabs and open sores at times it was so bad.  9 months after he took himself off of the doctor prescribed medications and started taking the Usana Vitamins, his Psoriasis is gone.  100% gone.  That's why he's hooked.

Anyway, they have finally worn me down and convinced me to try the Nutrimeal Shakes.  I bought an 18 day supply and started yesterday.  They are meal replacement shakes and I have been promised that if the only change I make in my eating is to replace my breakfast with one of these shakes, I will lose weight.

We'll see.  I'm a skeptic by nature so I don't have a lot of faith that this will work but what can it hurt, right?

So far, after 2 days, I will admit that they taste ok and they appear to satisfy my hunger until lunch time. 

My motivation?  I said in a previous post that I need to focus on losing weight and gaining speed in my running.  This is my somewhat lazy attempt at losing weight.

I'll keep you posted...


1 comment:

  1. I nominated you as a Very Inspiring Blogger on my blog! Thanks for providing interesting and inspiring posts! http://www.run-halfway.blogspot.com/2013/03/vib-very-inspiring-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete