Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Monday, May 6, 2013

To Run or Not To Run

I'm in a running funk.  Actually, truth be told, I haven't run for weeks so maybe it's a non-running funk?

I got sick a few weeks ago and had lung junk that just didn't work with running.  The weather wasn't spectacular either which didn't help.  That's why I stopped.  I have no good reason why I haven't started again.  I've still been walking at least a mile a day though.  Today was day 157.

Thing is, now the weather is PERFECT for running but I have lost my motivation.  I can't seem to make myself get out there and do it.  Walking just seems so much more enjoyable right now.

The lack of running has a few negative side effects:
  • I'm not burning many calories with just walking.  It is not helping my weight loss cause.
  • I am losing whatever fitness level I had before.  I really dislike not being in at least half marathon shape.
  • I do not have the stress relief that running provides.  Walking doesn't clear my head the same way. 
 I've go no races on my schedule at all.  I think that adds to the lack of motivation.  It used to be that I could go out walking and end up running.  That's not happening.

I think I need a good swift kick in the pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment