Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Monday, May 20, 2013

I Finally Ran...A Little...

I got that feeling today that I've been missing lately.  I felt like running.  Of course, that was this morning before the heat of the day set in, when I had lots of energy but needed to get ready and get to work.

Finally about 7pm, I was done with work and errands and such.  I put on my Sparkle Skirt (Everest) and my 5k262 shirt that says "Running makes me smile bigger" and I headed out. 


I walked the first block and broke out into a slow jog.  Finally!  I only went about 2 miles but it was something.  It wasn't pretty, I was gasping for breath, it was 85F and humid and I haven't even had any water today.  Only tea and pop.  Not the best prep, I know.  I'm just so happy I finally ran.

Now I need to keep it up.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Jules! Knew the run would come when you were ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still struggling. Looking forward to the day when I don't need quite so big a push to get out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the desire to run is coming back. Now I need the weather and the busyness of life to cooperate. I haven't been able to run again since I posted so I'm not quite there yet...

      Delete