Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Sunday, June 23, 2013

We made it!

It took 27 hours from home to hotel in Ho Chi Minh City but we made it!  To continue my streak, neither flight left on time.  Fortunately, they both made up time in the air so our arrivals were not affected.  Seriously though, I have the worst luck with flight delays.

We had a 5 1/2 hour layover in Hong Kong so I dragged Rick & Sherry to find the Disney Store there.  We actually had enough time to take the train to Hong Kong Disneyland but I'm pretty much the only one who thought that sounded like fun so we stayed safely in the airport.


We also found the Starbucks.  Ice Tea!!

We got to bed after 2am but I was still able to get a solid 5 hours of sleep.  I'll take it!

It didn't work out for us to go to church with Rick this morning (not enough room in the car) but we will get to go to a different church tonight.  We've been asked to come back to the same church on Tuesday morning to run a 2 hour kids program for about 60 kids.  So exciting!! 

After a relaxing morning of settling in, we were privileged to have lunch with several pastors of churches here that The Compass Church has helped plant.  It was a brief time but I enjoyed hearing about their churches and learning about how things are different (and in some ways, the same) than at home.

That's about all the update I have in me for now.  Hopefully there is a nap in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment