Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 5 - Party Time!!

Today was the 1 year celebration of Awana in Vietnam.  Most of the churches that started Awana Clubs this year were represented today.  We headed back to the same church we were at yesterday and spent the morning hearing stories of the past year.



I could not possibly convey everything we heard today but there were a few stories that stuck with me.  For instance, we heard about 1 boy who traveled 14km on his own, just to come to his Awana Club.  We heard about children who are persecuted by their families for their faith.  Children who refused to bow down to the family idols.  We also heard from Awana leaders about how their lives have been unexpectedly changed by working with the children. 

There were stories of transformation and there were stories of trials and tribulations. It was eye opening, encouraging and heart breaking all mixed together.

After the testimonies, the Awana missionaries handed out certificates, pictures were taken, lunch was served and then it was time for cake. 

This is the team of first ever Awana leaders in Vietnam

They presented The Compass Church this awesome map of Vietnam with the location of the Awana Clubs marked on it

I have to say, I never realized there was such a French influence in Vietnam but I'm glad for it.  That is one of the things on my list of things that surprised me here.  The cake was yummy!







After the celebration ended, we headed back to the hotel and had about 3 hours to relax before we met for dinner with the Awana Missionaries. 

I'm still working on my list of things about Vietnam that surprised me.  The French influence is being added to that list.

Tomorrow we will be meeting with about 60 pastors from around Vietnam who are interested in learning about Awana.  These may be the church leaders of the clubs started here in year 2.






No comments:

Post a Comment