Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Thursday, August 22, 2013

And He's Off...

Yesterday was move-in day for Bradley.

I did pretty good, if I do say so myself.  I got a little teary a few times but overall, I was far more excited for him than I was sad that he was leaving.

Yesterday was also Freshman Orientation for Matthew.  Busy day.

The move went smoothly.  There was no room in the car for Caitlyn to come down with us and Bradley's girlfriend wanted to come with also so she drove her car down and took Caitlyn with her.  I think it made her senioritis much worse though, lol.

Waiting in line for the elevator.  Caitlyn is a goof!

Bradley met his roommate for the first time in person.  They had been facebooking back and forth so they knew a bit about each other.  In appearance, they couldn't be more opposite, but I think they will get along well. 

Bradley & his roommate

We were done pretty early with getting him mostly settled so we walked a few blocks away and took him to lunch at Portillos.  The dedication service that they invited parents to wasn't till 7pm and we were done at 3pm.  We could tell that Bradley was anxious to finish getting settled and start exploring, and we knew he didn't want us hanging around for the next 4 hours, so we did the hard thing and left.  The goodbye was quick and painless.  He is so close to home and it was so obvious that he is exactly where God wants him to be, how can I be too sad?  I will miss him, of course, but I am so excited for him.  The hardest part for me is going to be not talking to him and finding out how his day was or what is going on with him.  It's all a part of letting go, I guess.  I hope he doesn't completely forget about his mom.

Alyssa took this.  Bradley with Mr. Bear then & now.  They grow up so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment