Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, March 14, 2014

Another Half in Three Weeks

A couple months ago, I signed up for The Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon in Springfield, IL.  I know enough people heading there to run it and it is close enough to drive so it wasn't too hard to make the decision.

I'm not too sure how this one is going to go though.  I haven't run all that much since Donna and this is a hilly course.  I do not do well with hills.  It's all I can do to run on a flat surface.  Wuss, I know.

I'm heading down there solo on this one.  I was hoping Mark would come down and run and I even figured the kids could come and stay in the hotel while we run.  Mark arrives home from a trip to Denmark just hours before I am supposed to leave to drive down there.  He is not even remotely interested in hopping in the car and driving 3 hours after sitting on an airplane.  The kids have no interest in riding in the car for 3 hours only to sit in the hotel while I run a race.  I see their point so I guess I am on my own.  I'm not used to time alone so it feels somewhat strange. 

I'm excited to be running the race though.  Running past historical sites and through Lincoln's Cemetery sounds pretty cool.  I even have a book I want to read before I run.  It comes highly recommended and is a fictional account of the true story of the plot to steal Lincoln's body.

Besides, who wouldn't want to earn this medal?


3 weeks to go.  Guess I should try to run to get ready, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment