Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, February 14, 2014

Bronchitis

Yep.  I've got it.

Tuesday morning I ran a quick couple miles on the treadmill.  When I got off, I sort of felt like I was having asthma issues.  I do have allergy induced asthma and need my inhaler maybe once or twice a year.  I also know that the cold dry weather we have had all winter can cause breathing issues.  I used my inhaler which helped a little and went to work.  Sadly, the improvement was short lived and I struggled Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.  It wasn't getting worse but it wasn't improving. 

With the Donna 1/2 less than 10 days away, and with some prodding from my running friends, I decided to be pro-active and head to the doctor today since I was off work.  Diagnosis, Bronchitis.  I have a Z-pack, steroid and I have to use my inhaler every 4 hours.  No running for the next few days either.

This can really only go in two directions from here.  The race is 9 days away.  The meds could work great and I could be back to normal and have forgotten all about it by race-day or it could linger (If the past is any indication, the latter is a more likely scenario). 

I had high hopes for a PR but if my breathing is compromised, that's not going to happen.

Whatever the outcome, I'm ready and excited for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment