Disney 2016

Disney 2016

Friday, November 18, 2016

Training Again

My favorite race weekend of the year is coming!! 

Ok, truth be told, it has been almost my ONLY race weekend of the year for the last few years (with the exception of a Disney half in there somewhere). 

Every year I have great intentions of losing weight and training well and rocking the race.  My full marathon and half marathon PR's are both from this race.  Trouble is, we don't run this one for time.  We run it with friends and have fun and the fact that it is for a great cause just sweetens it. 

Now that I am a bit into my training, I am hitting mileage that actually takes time for me to run.  Today was 7 miles.  I felt good and kept up my intervals until the very end.  I consider that a success. The weight loss and calorie counting haven't been going well and I can tell the extra weight I am carrying is slowing me down.  I need to get a grip on my self control where eating is concerned.  I am a stress eater and work is extra stressful right now and by lunch-time, I find myself saying screw it, eat what you want.  That needs to stop.

Ok, now that I typed that, I have to stick to it.  Right?  I'm headed out to lunch with a friend and I need to not eat all of the calories I just burned.

If you are looking for a great race and an excuse to get away to Florida in February, you should seriously consider running the Donna Breast Cancer Marathon or Half Marathon.  For more information, go to:

http://breastcancermarathon.com/

Hope to see you there!

1 comment: